Green manure is a boon for the land. It also improves the structure of the land and also provides nutrients. As the animal is good for feeding the content of the fibers such as fiber, it is good for the health of the farm so much use of fiber compost (green manure) in the fields. Green manure is a type of organic manure that is formed from early disintegrating green plants, especially pulse growing in the same field and planting it in soil.
The living and active soil is called the same, in which there is more quantity of living organisms. The food of bacteria is usually organic matter only. Fertility of soil depends on the quantity and activity of the bacteria. Only by organic, green manure and bacterial compost can increase soil fertility permanently.
There are three types of cultivable land in Jaipur district - (a) Tand or Upper land (b) Medium land and (c) Two or lower land. Extraction of sand and soil soil is found in tand and middle ground. There is a shortage of nitrogen, phosphorus and sulfur elements due to its very low organic content. Its acidicity is also high. Due to being more acidic, this soil lacks the soluble phosphorous element. Due to excessive rainfall, organic matter and micro-sweet matter are flowing. Due to which the capacity of the reservoir is low. In the lower or lower ground, organic matter and clay are relatively high, its fertility is high and moisture persists for longer periods of time.
Selection of crops for green manure - Selection of crops for green manure is essential.
- Granular legumes - peas, moongs, urad, lobia, soya bean etc.
- Unproductive Planting Plant or Fodder Planting Plants - Chains, Scales, Styles, Engines etc.
- Non-leguminous plants - corn, jowar, cannabis etc.
The following points should be taken into consideration in the selection of suitable plants for green manure-
- The plant should be fast growing and dense.
- Drains, floods, roofs and plants bearing different temperatures.
- Plants that do atmospheric nitrogen fixation for a longer and longer period of time.
- Plants that produce good till the end of 4-6 weeks.
- Easily found in the soil and early rotten plants
- Disease and insect resistant plants.
- Ability to grow in low energy.
Time for green manure -
Usually if the irrigation facility is available after the first monsoon, then the maximum benefit and time can be applied as per crop circle.
Time to mix in the field -
In most crops, the time for the addition of green manure crop comes within eight weeks of sowing. At this time maximum vegetative growth has been done and the stems and roots are not hard. Most scientists believe that between the time of suppressing the green manure crop and the time the main crop is sown, there should be a gap of at least two months. . Well it depends on the following things
- Green manure plant status
- If the paddy is hot during the plantation and the humidity is high,
Benefits of green manure
- It increases organic content by which the activation of micro-organisms increases.
- It provides many micro and nutrients in the soil, such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, sulfur, calcium, magnesium etc.
- Prevention of soil borne diseases.
- There is an increase in the physical properties of the soil such as structure, water conservation.
- Prevents essential nutrients from flowing.
- Acid reduces the stabilization of phosphorus in soil.
- On average, the yield of 50 kg nitrogen per hectare is achieved.
- The availability of phosphorus and potash by the use of green manure in paddy crop is 10-12 percent increase.
Moong / urad / lobiya / soyabeen for green manure is more beneficial than cloth, because it gives grain (6-12 kg / ha) and the next crop gets nutrients from stalk rotting. In some crops green manure should be used in this way.
Paddy crop - In the month of May before taking paddy crop, in the areas of irrigation facilities, the peas that sow in 45 days take the crop. After breaking the pods, cultivate the stalk in the field and cultivate it. After this 10-20 days after planting paddy.
Potato Crops - Before taking potato crop, loabi, kulthi, guarafli etc. take the crop as green manure. After breaking the pods, the stalks are planted in the field to rot. After 15-20 days the potatoes are harvested.
Green manure for Kharif crop -
1) With the first rain of monsoon, low-calorie pulse crop like sesame seeds. After 45 days, break the first yield of the pod and keep the rest of the plants in the field. After this, they take a late harvest of Kharif.
2) Sabul's leafy and soft stems mix well with the first rain in the field. After 10 days, kharif sows the crop.
3) Green plants of natural plants are used as green manure, for this, fukus, evergreen, chakore, dhaicha, karanj leaves, hyacinth etc. are used. 15-20 days before planting or sowing of crops, they are pumped up in the field. The quantity of this is given at the rate of 15-20 tonnes per hectare as per availability. It is mixed after moisture in the field after the first rainy monsoon.