In addition to the very important vegetation in nature, there are some vegetation which is gradually taking the form of a curse, as soon as the rainy season starts, a vegetation like carrot-like leaves grow fast and spread rapidly. Which is known as Parthenium histarophorus i.e. congras gras or carrot grass.
It is a member of Asteraceae Group. It is currently one of the world's seven most harmful plants and it is considered highly harmful to human and domestic animals as well as to the entire environment.
Carrot grass is a Noxius (NOXIOUS) weed found in America, Asia, Africa, and Australia. In India, carrot grass i.e. Parthenium is known in various parts of the country by different names such as white white cap, chopped moonlit, scavenger booty, congress grass etc. Our country was first seen in 1955, now it has spread to about 3.5 million ha. Area.
Arrival of carrot grass in India:
According to a survey conducted by the Ministry of Agriculture and Indian Forest Conservation Institute, this plant, which was found abundantly in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and USA, had no existence in India first.
It is believed that the seeds of this grass came to India in 1950 with the American hybrid wheat PL480. It was first seen in Poona. Today this grass is spreading in almost all the areas of the country. This grass has spread in thousands of acres of important agricultural producing states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra. It can now be seen in Rajasthan, Kerala and Kashmir too.
In cities like Ahmedabad, Delhi, Poona, Madras, Chandigarh and Bangalore, there has been a problem of the severe increase and its effects.
It is mainly found in empty spaces, inexpensive lands, gardens, schools, industrial areas, railway lines, etc. Over the past few years, its outbreak has increased in all types of food grain crops, vegetables and gardens.
By the way, carrots can be grown whole year after getting water, but due to its germination in the rainy season, it takes more outbreaks. Its flowers are white and small, within which there are light brown seeds and light beans.
The carrot grass plant completes its crop cycle in 3-4 months and in the same way it completes its 3-4th generation in a year.
Harmful Effects of Carrot Grass:
The chemical substance found in black small follicles of its leaves is 'Parthinam', the main cause of allergic reactions in humans. This is the reason for asthma, cough, fever and skin diseases. Pollen grains of carrot grass also cause respiratory illness. On the extreme impact, until the death of man.
This grass is also proven to be very harmful for animals. Animals flush towards its greenery, animals come closer to it, but return to frustrated with its smell. Animals that eat it due to the lack of grass, their milk bitter and reduce in quantity.
Due to the rapid spread of carrot grass, the number of other useful vegetation decreases. Carrot grass is also becoming a threat to biodiversity. Due to this, the productivity of crops is also decreasing.
Measures of Carrot Grass Control
Today the requirement is that, to find a solution to destroy the entire society by gathering scientific scientists, which is also financially conducive.
- If it is thrown out of the root and set on fire, then it may get rid of it to some extent.
- It is not touched by hand. Otherwise it can be prone to allergic and skin diseases.
- Its plants should not be cut strongly, otherwise its seeds can spread far and wide.
- Before the flowering of the carrot grass in the rainy season, eradicate it from the root and make compost vermicompost.
- The decision should be taken to increase the spread of carrot grass by putting lime plants around the house and the decision of increasing progress in the rain-fed areas such as Dhain, Jawar, Mecca etc.
- In the artificial areas, spinach chemicals such as glyphosate 1-1.5 percent or the matarbugin 0.3-0.5 percent of the solution should be sprayed before flowering.
- The plant called cassiacresaia also effectively controls the carrot grass. Therefore, its seeds are sown in those places which are highly affected by Parthanyam. Four-month cassiacricia plants reduce the number of carrot grasses by 93 percent. According to the results of a research work, if the carrot grass seeds are treated with the conclusion of the entire plant of cesarecracya, then the percentage of germination of seeds decreases to 87 percent. And the growth of seedling is also highly affected.
There is the properties of aliprophythmic in the peripheral, which does not allow it to grow other plants around it. Therefore, research should also be done in this direction whether its conclusions or any part can be used like Shakanaashi.